My Own Dream Home Singapore HDB  
main menu left Home About Us Services Videos News Articles Careers Contact 中文 main menu right
Body Top Back
Buying Property Enquiry   Selling Property Enquiry   Renting Property Enquiry   Investing Property Enquiry

Real Estate Enquiry Form

Buying Real Estate Enquiry
Selling Real Estate Enquiry
Renting Real Estate Enquiry
Investing Real Estate Enquiry
Mortgage Finance / Refinancing

HDB Featured Properties

HDB Flats For Sale
HDB Flats For Rent

Private Featured Properties

Condo Apartment For Sale
Condo Apartment For Rent
Landed House For Sale
Landed House For Rent
Commercial / Industrial For Sale
Commercial / Industrial For Rent
Private Residential Property Search
International Property Search

Singapore HDB Information

HDB Flats Home Seekers
HDB Flats Home Owner

Free Valuation

FREE Sale Valuation
FREE Rental Valuation
Property Management
Commercial Advisory
Project Sales and Marketing
Preferred Finance
Listing And Buying Presentation
Singapore District Guide
Useful Resources In Singapore
Singapore Property Consultants
More Others Property Information
Useful Resources Links

Newsletter Signup

Subscribe Now To Get Latest News
Visit this group

International Property Search

There are many types of property available and if you are moving to a foreign country it is very important to find a good realtor to help you find something that fits your needs. The majority of Singaporeans live in HDB housing estates which are self contained estates that include clinics, supermarkets, schools and recreational facilities.

Expatriate arriving in Singapore can find the right type of accommodation is as simple as surfing the net or making a phone call to a reputable agent. Once you have decided on the type of features you need, the location and the money you are willing to spend, an agent is able to find you something suitable. They also negotiate the best possible price for you and give you advice on what you need.

Some real estate agents go a step further and offer relocation services to expatriates coming in. These packages include helping you move your things, finding you a suitable house, and arranging any necessary documentation.
There are several documents that are required when renting a flat. This are photocopies of both your employment pass and your passport, one month’s rent as a good will gesture. The one month rent is usually turned into the security deposit. Your agent prepares the paperwork needed. This includes a letter of intent as well as a tenancy agreement.

Your letter of intent is a proposal to the landlord that you want to lease the property and usually has several important parts. They include a diplomatic or repatriate clause that protects you in case you are fired, transferred to another country by allowing you to cancel you lease by giving two months notice.

The good faith deposit protects you by ensuring that the landlord cannot rent the property to someone else after accepting your deposit. It becomes part of the security deposit or advance rental. The security deposit is usually one month’s rent for each year of rental and is usually stated in the letter of intent. At the lease term the landlord refunds the entire amount although they have the right to deduct any costs caused by the tenant that breach the tenancy agreement.

Lease terms usually run for a year or more and can include the option to renew in which case it is necessary to give a two or three month prior notice of your intention to renew. The renewal period lasts between one to two years with most landlords refusing to accept leases for less than a year.

You should ensure that all your requirements and requests are listed in the letter of intent clearly as the landlord is bound by law to fulfill them once he signs the letter. A fully furnished apartment means that the apartment comes with all the furniture and electrical goods such as fridge, washer and dryer while a partially furnished apartment has the electrical goods but no furniture. All legal fees involved in the drawing up of the tenancy agreement are paid by the tenant.



Buy Sell Rent Invest Singapore Property


Billy Chen 曾庆义


CEA Registration Number : R029372I


Tel: (+65) 88689999

Fax: (+65) 64021826 ( email me )




Singapore HDB Saleperson
Why Select Us
About Us
Our Philosophy
Exclusive Buyer Agent
Exclusive Seller Agent
Corporate Property Consultants
Common Mistakes Seller Make
Common Mistakes Buyer Make
Common Mistakes Investor Make
Social Networking

Buying Real Estate Tips

Rent Property or Buy Property ?
Buying Process Selling Process
Foreigners To Purchase
Hire Your Own Buyer Agent
Buyers Service Pledge
Purchase Planning
Get A Mortgage Loan
Property Searching For Property
Ready to Make an Offer ?
Real Estate Inspection

Selling Real Estate Tips

When To Sell Your Property ?
Right Price Sell House Faster
Commission Information
Latest Transacted Price
Hire Your Own Selling Agent
Full Time Vs Discount Agent
Owner Service Pledge
Fixing The Price Of The Property
Showing Your Property
Negotiating Negotiation
Closing The Sale

Guides for Expatriate

Migrate Relocate To Singapore
Renting Leasing Process
Type Of Housing In Singapore
Frequently Asked Questions
Body Bottom Back
Copyright © 2010 All rights reserved Disclaimer | Privacy |